Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Shishkabobs and Sweetbread








Another hot one!  It must have been 95 degrees again.  But that didn't prevent us from buying sweetbread and popping the plastic bag at least 7 times.  That was a trick that Ben showed us which amused Giles immensely!

The bread had cherries in it so Ben would spit out a pit every so often.  (Not used to  seeing that when someone is downing a piece of bread!)  

The shashleek (shishkabob) was

 excellent(chicken, pork, and beef) and we had some good fellowship with the folks from Calvary Chapel by the river.  

Ben picked me a wildflower for the first time!  (His father taught him to do that last week)  How to make a girl smile!  :-)

Giles and I hunted for and found a frisbee today. (There was one frisbee available after looking  in 3 toystores here) So we taught Ben how to play and he loved
 it!
(no pictures because we all were playing)  

Upon arriving home to our flat, a sweet Babushka was sitting outfront and proceeded to speak with me about some issues.  I listened and nodded, and she seemed satisfied.  Then when we went upstairs Giles asked me what she said...to which I replied,
 "I have no idea..."   Giles could barely keep in the laughter until we entered our flat!  This is what it means sometimes to "get by" with my Russian language.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment